Sunday, November 27, 2011

Finally, a new post!

Sorry for all the delay! I've been up to a lot of great things at RITI, though!

I got to visit home for an early Thanksgiving! It was the perfect break, and I'm really glad I got to spend some time at home with my family, friends, and with the congregation of Forest Hills Pres.  I also go to work on Thanksgiving day, which turned out to be a lot better than I thought it would. I worked for half the day, and it was definitely worth it. Holidays can be hard on people with no home and being there for them was a lot more of a gift than I ever thought it would be.

Life as a YAV has been great. I have a "host family" at my church, and they are really great. John McClure is a very passionate musician, and every time we get together, it seems we end up geeking out over bands and musicians and musical theory.

Next week I'll be playing in the "Second Stages" talent show at Second Pres. here in Nashville. I've also been practicing with the band at Presbyterian Student Fellowship at Vanderbilt. I've loved playing as much as I can and sharing my gift with all the people I come upon here in Nashville. It's been a great year so far, and I'm really excited about this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment