Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fall is here!




Finally! The cold weather is setting in and it's really beautiful here in Nashville. It's been perfect, and all I've needed is a light jacket to help me enjoy all of these bright and sunny days.

The down side to this cold, is how busy RITI is becoming. It's been packed, and it's very obvious that the population is starting to grow day by day. I'm looking forward to less down time, but with all of the stories I've heard about the winter, I'm sure I'll be quick to changing my mind.

This past weekend, I was fortunate enough to go to three of Nashville's more famous venues. Friday night, I went with a few roommates to the Bridgestone Arena. Although the music was only slightly impressive, the sheer volume and sound was enough to entertain anybody. Saturday night was karaoke night, and I joined three other roommates in singing "Don't Stop Believing" on stage at Lonnie's, in printers alley. But I must say that Sunday night was the best of all. Kyle, Allison, her friend Ginny who was in town, and I all headed to the famous Bluebird cafe. Scoping out seats an hour in advanced was more of a challenge than I thought it would be, but was well worth it. We saw a small blues group called the Brian Ashley Jones trio. It was by far in my top five of best concerts I had ever been to! And what made it even better, was that it was free!

So, all in all, I'm really enjoying Nashville. I've got a lot of work ahead of me, but I can tell that there will be so much fun in between all of it. I really miss North Carolina, but it's hard to be caught up in my homesickness with all the great things there are to do here in Nashville, TN.

No comments:

Post a Comment